"Employees first“ was the key topic of the business seminar organised by Chamber of Commerce Finland-Switzerland and supporting partners Baume & Mercier and Lindroos.
It is a widely accepted understanding that those companies and institutions that value their employees are most often those who experience a sustainable growth and a positive image in the market.
Formal as well as informal recognition as an integral part of the company culture is vital. It is easy to identify benefits of employee appreciation such as better motivation, improved work and team culture, better effort, improved customer satisfaction, less absence from work etc.
Employees want to feel valued and know that they are appreciated. New creative ways to who recognition is continuously developed. But how to do it cross-border? Is there anything that can go wrong?
The seminar on “How to Motivate and Show Appreciation of Your Employees? The Finnish and the Swiss Set of Mind” gathered a full conference room of high-level experts to Meeting Park FORUM on 22 October 2019.
Keynote speakers were:
- H.E. Heinrich Maurer, Ambassador, Embassy of Switzerland in Helsinki
- Mr. Heikki Kivilaakso, Consultant, Egon Zehnder Helsinki
- Mr. Antti Keisu, CEO, Lindroos
- Mr. Finn Annmark, Managing Director, Nordics & Baltics, Baume & Mercier
- Mr. Gerrit van Setten, Member of the Board, Chamber of Commerce Finland-Switzerland
- Dr. Jani Kaarlejärvi, Helsinki Office, Chamber of Commerce Finland-Switzerland