By making a reservation, the Customer agrees to these terms of delivery.
Delivery, change and cancellation conditions related to room reservations and services offered by Business Meeting Park Oy Ltd. (later "Meeting Park"):
TERMS OF DELIVERY
- By making a reservation, the customer commits to these delivery conditions
- The booking confirmation contains the booking details and booking conditions
- The reservation and the prices are valid for the number of people and the time indicated by the customer
- Meeting Park reserves the right to price changes if the number of people or the time changes. The right to price changes also arises if legislation or an authority makes changes to fees or the cost level changes significantly and unexpectedly
- Meeting Park has the right to choose or change a suitable space for the occasion
- The customer does not have the right to transfer the contract or hand over the rented premises to a third party without Meeting Park's consent
CANCELLATION AND CHANGE TERMS
- Changes to the reservation are possible according to availability and cancellation conditions. If changes are made to the number of participants or the reservation, we will charge the costs caused by the changes to the subscriber
- Cancellation costs are calculated from the total value-added price of the reservation.
- The customer can make changes to the number of people or cancel the reservation according to the following conditions:
- For reservations of the Atrium event space, we charge an advance payment 90 days before the event. The advance payment is not refunded if the event is cancelled, the rescheduling of the event is negotiated on a case-by-case basis
- Possible catering and staff will be billed in full at 100% if the cancellation takes place less than 7 days before the reservation
- In subcontracting, we follow the service providers' own change and cancellation conditions, which will be notified when booking, if they differ from the above
- The customer is obliged to protect the rented premises and furniture from damage
- The subscriber is responsible for all damages caused to real estate and movable property by the subscriber's equipment, staff, performers or meeting participants, including possible personal injuries.
- The customer is responsible for the equipment and movable property he brings himself
- The subscriber undertakes to follow the instructions of Meeting Park's staff and representatives in matters concerning the use of the property, furniture and equipment
- The customer must nominate a responsible person for the event
- The customer must notify and confirm the arrangements for the event no later than 7 days before the start of the reservation, unless longer times have been agreed in advance and notified in connection with the reservation
- If, at the customer's request, Meeting Park makes special arrangements such as furniture, decorations, structures or program, the customer undertakes to pay the resulting costs.
- Cancellation and change conditions for special arrangements are always announced at the time of booking
PAYMENT METHODS AND PRICES
- Please note that we do not accept cash.
- The invoice payment term is normally 7 days, unless exceptionally agreed otherwise.
- Additional charges
Invoice as an online invoice or by email (pdf) €10 Invoice by post €20 By credit card (VISA, MasterCard, AMEX) 2% of the total amount Advance invoice €10 Advance invoice abroad €20 Additional invoice breakdown / time €20 Changes to an invoice already made €20 Payment reminder / one time €20
- Unless otherwise stated, all prices are without value added tax (VAT 0%), in which case the normal value added taxes valid at the time are added.
PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION
- Meeting Park offers its customers a truly safe and confidential operating environment; In addition to Meeting Park's own staff, all its tenants, contract customers, subcontractors and their staff are also covered by the same general confidentiality obligation of Meeting Park.
- We process personal data in accordance with the Personal Protection Act and general data protection regulations.
- We do not comment, tell or hand over information about customers or their meetings and events to external parties, other than what is marked to be shown on the control screens of the events in connection with reservations.
- Camera surveillance must be recorded in public areas for safety reasons. The video from the surveillance camera will only be released to the authorities upon request
- Photography in the premises is not allowed without permission
- Finnish law applies to the conditions. The contracting parties strive to resolve disputes arising from the contract through mutual negotiations. If no agreement can be reached during the negotiations, the disputes will be resolved in the Helsinki District Court.
Updated on 28 November 2022. The older terms of delivery can be found here.